From the grand kitchens of the kings to mouth-watering street food, the full spectrum of Indian cuisines is a heady concoction of spices, influenced by the country’s rich history, religion and culture. India’s gastronomical palate has flavours and aromas coming from each region. The Indian menu has evolved over the centuries, influenced by traders, travellers and kings. The history of Indian food is filled with amazing complexities, often overlooked by the locals and visitors. With our culinary inspired tours, We try to capture these very intricacies that make the Indian cuisine so special and interesting.
Each region of India offers distinct menus – whether it is the extravagant Mughal inspired Awadhi cuisine decorated with gold leaves or the delicious vegetarian Thali from South India – there is something for everyone on the Indian menu.
5 REASONS TO PLAN A CULINARY HOLIDAY IN INDIA
1) The cuisines of India are a culmination of 8,000 years of cooking styles led by varied cultures and dynasties. A culinary tour in India will give you a glimpse into this rich heritage.
2) Each region of India boasts a distinct cuisine, making the Indian menu one of the most diverse in the world. Yak milk in Ladakh, chicken tikka in Punjab, spicy fish curry in Goa, sweetmeats of Gujarat, the list of mouth watering treats never ends.
3) Despite vast diversity, the use of spices and herbs is a common thread across most Indian cuisines. A culinary holiday in Kerala can take you to intoxicating spice plantations and herb gardens.
4) The local alcohol of Goa is made from cashew and of Kerala from palm – the beverages of India are intriguing. Blessed with an abundance and strong heritage of tea and coffee, culinary holidays in India can take you to the misty tea plantations of Darjeeling and Munnar and lush coffee estates of south India.
5) Live demonstrations and cooking classes – you can practice the art of Indian cooking with locals. You can visit a royal family in Rajasthan for cooking lessons or dine with the Nawabs of Lucknow – anything is possible!
VIEW SOME SAMPLE HOLIDAYS. ENQUIRE NOW FOR A TAILOR-MADE CULINARY EXPERIENCE OF INDIA.
“India’s menu is a representation of its sheer diversity that stems from varied geographies, climates and cultures. You can savour some piping hot Yak milk in Ladakh, a mouth watering Mughlai chicken dish in Delhi, world famous Dosas in Kerala, Chettinad cuisine in Tamil Nadu, specialty vegetarian fare in Gujarat and so much more. You can spend a lifetime sampling food across India and you still won’t be done. I am a foodie myself and I would love to share my favourite delicacies with you.”