CULTURE, HERITAGE AND HISTORICAL HOLIDAYS IN INDIA
A land of a multitude of traditions, religions, cuisines, languages, and landscapes – the essence of India lies in its diversity. Besides being the oldest civilization in the world, India is also blessed with awe-inspiring landscapes, making it the perfect destination for tourists seeking cultural holidays. Explore the uniqueness of the living cultures of India through its warm people, vibrant cities, majestic mountains, lush-green forests and grand festivals. With its sculpted rocks, chiselled wood, hidden monasteries and temples, India as a colossal sub-continent never ceases to amaze you. Experience and savour the vivid colours of Gujarat or Rajasthan, the timeless beauty of the Taj, spiritual aura of Varanasi, the scenic wonders of Darjeeling, the ethereal beauty of Kerala, and much more.
Whether you want to discover the landscapes or monuments of India, or are looking to explore its cultural diversity through its cities, Indus Discoveries can craft a memorable itinerary based on your desires and requirements. Each of these illustrative programs below has been specially designed to unfold the vivid cultures and hidden treasures of India.
5 REASONS TO PLAN A CULTURAL, HERITAGE AND HISTORICAL HOLIDAY IN INDIA
1) Being one of the world’s oldest civilizations, India today demonstrates a fascinating tug-of-war between its ancient heritage and modern metamorphosis. A cultural tour in India will throw you into this heaving melting pot of cultural dynamism.
2) With a festival every day of the year in some part of the country, her sobriquet of the ‘Land of Festivals and Fairs’ is fitting. On a cultural holiday in India, you can immerse in the famed Pushkar Fair of Rajasthan, the offbeat Hornbill Festival of Nagaland, the dance, mime and music Theyyam Festival of Kerala, or any of the 300 more festivals!
3) India has an incredible legacy in performing art forms that have evolved over the centuries. You can witness Kathakali in Kerala, dance to the beats of the Kalbeliya and Manganiyar tribes in Rajasthan, or swing to the beats of Punjabi music.
4) The glorious heritage of all the past rulers of India comes to life through all the architectural marvels that inundate her landscape. A heritage tour of India will take you across intricate temples, majestic hilltop forts and ornate palaces built by imperial kingdoms that dominated India since time immemorial.
5) India has the distinction of being home to 35 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. From the erotic temples of Khajuraho and ancient ruins of Hampi, to the abundant national parks and prehistoric rock shelters, you will get to unravel the jewels of India.
VIEW SOME SAMPLE HOLIDAYS. ENQUIRE NOW FOR TAILOR-MADE CULTURAL, HERITAGE AND HISTORICAL EXPERIENCES OF INDIA.
“India is a melting pot of a myriad cultures, faiths and philosophies. Since its genesis from the Indus Valley, the country has evolved in innumerable ways. I would love to share the vibrant and often overwhelming sights and sounds of India with you. Take a look at our displayed tours for inspiration and enquire now for a tailor-made trip.”
Email, Call or Write!
30, First Floor, JMD Galleria, Sohna Road, Gurgaon, Haryana, India – 122001