Chug along on the splendid locomotives to explore the vividness of the awe-inspiring Indian landscape. An unparalleled way to experience the myriad hues of India, each train journey offers a unique experience, complemented by the vibrant cultural interactions at every destination.
Tourist fast-speed trains like the Shatabadi Express and Rajdhani Express connect to some remote parts of the country. The nostalgic steam trains of the Nilgiris, Darjeeling and Shimla lend an experience never to be forgotten.
India is known for its awarding winning luxury trains including the Palace on Wheels, Maharaja’s Express, Royal Rajasthan on Wheels, Deccan Odyssey, and The Golden Chariot. The interiors of these trains symbolize a seamless fusion of modernism and traditional motifs to offer an ethereal travel ambiance for the guests on board.
5 REASONS TO PLAN A RAIL HOLIDAY IN INDIA
1) The world’s third longest railway network, the Indian railways were developed by the British East India Company starting 1853. Today, its tracks cover 71,000 miles and more than 7,100 stations. Isn’t that fascinating?
2) Travelling by train, you can truly experience the vastness and diversity of India’s landscapes, as you speed past mountains, forests and sandy beaches. Rail journeys from Vasco Da Gama to Londa, Ratanagiri to Mangalore, Jodhpur to Jaisalmer, Vishakapatnam to Arakku or crossing the sea bridge between Mandapam and Rameswaram should be on every train lover’s list.
3) Train journeys in India allow for immersive travel experiences as you get to interact with the locals and observe their eccentricities.
4) Three Mountain Railways in India are a part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site collection. The picturesque Darjeeling Himalayan railway, the Nilgiri Mountain railway and Kalka Shimla railway are unique ways to explore the mountainous landscape of India.
5) The award-winning luxury trains of India will treat you like royalty. The Palace on Wheels for Rajasthan, Maharajas Express for north and central India and the Golden Chariot for south India, are all spectacular vessels.
VIEW SOME SAMPLE HOLIDAYS. ENQUIRE NOW FOR A TAILOR-MADE RAIL EXPERIENCE OF INDIA.
“India’s luxury trains are world renowned for their quality, service and majestic experiences. Plush interiors, highly personalised service, exotic locales and princely comfort – who would want to miss an experience like this? I can plan your luxury train journey in India and help you live like royalty while you are here.”