Embark on a sublime journey through the lifeline rivers of India – river cruises offer you a totally different perspective of the country. Explore the hidden treasures of idyllic rural scenes, natural beauty and vast landscapes. There is a lot to discover and experience on these river voyages – including bird watching, wildlife spotting and local sightseeing. Far from the commotion and hustle of city life – river cruises allow you to experience the country languidly. In India, the majestic Brahmaputra and Ganges rivers offer the best river cruising experiences.
A cruise over the mighty Brahmaputra River will immerse you in the dreamy landscapes that surround the river. You will take a journey of magical Assam, with elephant and jeep safaris, spotting the rare one-horned rhinos at Kaziranga National Park. You will visit the ruins of the Ahom kingdom, the quaint Mishing village, and the Neo-Vaisnavite monasteries of Majuli Island.
You can sail down the Hugli River between Calcutta and the Ganges. Enroute, visit the brassworking village of Matiari, the terracotta temples of the town of Kalna, and the remnants of the Dutch settlement in Chinsura.
All the boats on the Ganges and Brahmaputra are luxuriously outfitted – many rekindling the days of colonial splendour.
5 REASONS TO PLAN A RIVER CRUISE HOLIDAY IN INDIA
1) Cruising on the Ganges, India’s most sacred and longest river, you can observe the people’s daily chores and ablutions on the banks of the riverine cities
2) The great Indian rivers boast rich flora and fauna. Catch a glimpse of the rare Gangetic dolphins during a Ganges river cruise or experience the wilderness of Sundarban National Park and Kaziranga National Park during a Brahmaputra river cruise.
3) Rejuvenate your body and mind with sunrise yoga and meditation on the cruise decks
4) Pay a visit to the artisan villages on the river banks of Ganges and Brahmaputra that demonstrate age-old crafts like brass work, mask making, etc.
5) During the Brahmaputra cruise, you will get to observe the captivating indigenous tribal communities for whom the river is the only source of livelihood. A visit to Majuli, the world’s largest river island will allow you to discover the ancient Vaishnavite monasteries dating back to 15th century
VIEW SOME SAMPLE HOLIDAYS. ENQUIRE NOW FOR A TAILOR-MADE RIVER CRUISE EXPERIENCE OF INDIA.
“India’s rivers are revered like goddesses by the locals. Whether it’s the majestic and sacred River Ganges or the sinuous and equally magnificent Brahmaputra, India’s specialised river cruises can offer you a unique experience. This is such a different way to experience the quirks and beauty of India. Contact us today and we’ll create an unforgettable river sojourn.”
Email, Call or Write!
30, First Floor, JMD Galleria, Sohna Road, Gurgaon, Haryana, India – 122001