Whether it is the chiming of bells in the temples of Varanasi, a congregation bowing in the courtyard of a mosque in Ajmer, the Christmas carols in the churches in Goa, or the act of service in a Gurudwara in Punjab, the religions of India bring people together. India is also the land where the Buddha achieved enlightenment, where the art of Yoga was born and where the ancient healing practise of Ayurveda thrives.
For over 16 years, Indus Discoveries has been organizing tailor-made religious pilgrimages, spiritual journeys and yoga tours for religious institutions, church communities, educational establishments, and individuals or groups who want to immerse themselves in the soulful aura and rich religious heritage of India. We have a strong network of religious teachers, yoga gurus, spiritual leaders, and experts, with whom we craft specially designed itineraries and expertly guided tours.
5 REASONS TO PLAN A SPIRITUAL OR RELIGIOUS TOUR IN INDIA
1) India is the birth place of four major world religions – Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and Jainism. The country’s secularism stands for inclusiveness, tolerance and harmony of faiths. Nowhere in the world will you find such unity in diversity.
2) A major destination for religious pilgrimages of diverse faiths, devotees can pay homage at the Siddhivinayaka Temple in Mumbai, shrine of Moinuddin Chisti in Ajmer, Golden Temple in Amritsar, Basilica of Bom Jesus in Goa or the Mahabodhi temple in Bodhgaya.
3) Rishikesh is known as the birth land of Yoga, while Kerala is home to the ancient art of Ayurveda. A wellness tour in India can take you to the Himalayas or the beach, wherever you find solace.
4) The Indian Himalayas have always been an inspiration for spiritual seekers. Since time immemorial, sages and saints have retired to the peaks in the search of awakening.
5) Spiritual tours in India will introduce you to the great philosophies of spiritual leaders Swami Vivekananda, Sri Aurobindo, Rabindranath Tagore, and Mother Teresa, who dedicated their lives to peace and humanity. A visit to the Auroville Ashram in Pondicherry, Shantiniketan in West Bengal or Osho Ashram in Pune can being you closer to the universal truth.
VIEW SOME OF OUR SAMPLE TOURS. ENQUIRE NOW FOR A TAILOR-MADE SOUL JOURNEY IN INDIA.
“India is synonymous with spirituality and religion. She is the birth land of four major world religions – Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, and Sikhism. She also engendered ancient practises for the wellbeing of the mind and body such as Yoga and Ayurveda. The most notable destinations in India for spiritual seekers are Varanasi, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Amritsar, and Bodh Gaya. Some places offer transcendental experiences for the soul just by their sheer beauty, such as Kerala and Ladakh. Whether you are travelling with a group or want to experience mindfulness with your partner, contact us so we can create a tailor-made spiritual tour to feed your soul.”
Email, Call or Write!
30, First Floor, JMD Galleria, Sohna Road, Gurgaon, Haryana, India – 122001