With the global emphasis on sustainability and combating climate change, our pledge creates a major opportunity to position the Indian tourism experience as a unique visitor takeaway, in low-impact settings. Tourism has the potential of being a non-polluting, sustainable, income provider for our country.
We pledge to work together with our valued customers, our business partners and local communities , with the expectation that tourism today will enable future communities and travellers to gain from sustainable, inclusive experiences.
We pledge to work with local organisations like Tarun Bharat Sangh to help rural communities move towards livelihood diversification, help them with job opportunities and raise their income levels by engagement with tourist activities and with the help of water conversation efforts.
We pledge to develop sustainable visitor strategies based on art, craft, cultural & natural heritage and environment. care can hence target larger tourism yields, which could contribute significantly to conservation and to the rural sector in particular. Lack of hygiene and sanitation is a major irritant for foreign and domestic tourists. Therefore, creation of awareness, as well as making the requisite facilities available, will be given high importance by our company.
with the following indicators.
Indus Discoveries donated a wheelchair for a differently Child
Our initiatives in Sustainable & Impact Tourism involve using Tourism as an agent for promoting the good of the communities by contributing to their socioeconomic and environmental sustainability and resiliency towards Climate Change. We follow the triple bottom line approach to sustainability with equal emphasis on People, the Planet and Profitability all at once. Our programs provide a beneficial impact on the people, the environment and their socioeconomic networks. We partner with local NGOs and organizations working on water, renewable energy and other conservation issues and help make a meaningful impact on their work by bringing global awareness. Experts, donate equipment and volunteers to their projects. All programs have opportunities for educational learning and sharing knowledge as well as tourism in both the local area and in the country.
We offer the following opportunities to our tour participants at targeted villages, schools, farms, artisan communities and wildlife/ nature conservation venues:
• Planting Trees to create green zones in arid and semiarid areas in various areas in Nepal and in Rajasthan, India such as Alwar with local participation.
• Water Conservation for daily use, agriculture, crop rotation and cultivation of native plants. Chattar Sagar and Alwar in Rajasthan in collaboration with local projects.
• Water Purification initiatives with donations of advanced water purification devices as a part of WASH projects. At a school in Kashmir North India, local projects at various locations in Rajasthan where the water contains very high levels of Arsenic and Fluoride.
• Renewable Energy projects in targeted high potential areas such as schools, artisan villages, hospitals etc. with donated solar panels and mobile solar and water carts. Multiple projects in India, Nepal & Bhutan.
• Economic Development in local areas through sustainable tourism initiatives for eg creating global markets, tourism jobs and training in artisan communities.
• Exploring Water and Forest Conservation as well as Renewable Energy production in Bhutan and exchanging ideas, technologies and mindset with the Happiest Country in the World!
• Helping educate under privileged children and educating communities of general hygiene.
• Helping communities to preserve their age old customs and cultural heritage.